Modern Religious Experience: Reflection Question #1: "According to Mircea Eliade religion has 'not vanished without a trace; [it] has contributed toward making us what we are today and so, after..."
Religion has been passed down from countless generations and has been around for millions of years. Evidence from artifacts prove that religious rituals were performed ever since the period of primitive man. Therefore, religion deeply impacted society to believe that it could solve the mysteries of the earth. Mysteries, that are yet to be discovered. I believe that religion can answer the questions of the complex world that we have created. It creates significance in life and provides a purpose for us. We can have faith that God has set a plan for everyone.
When I was born, I was already declared a Christian. On the day I turned one, I was baptized at a methodist church and God had constantly appeared in my life. My entire family had a strong passion for Christ and acted as a totem. They wanted for me to build a healthy relationship with God and taught me to rely on him for support, love, and forgiveness. As a child, I had already believed in countless morals; such as forgiving your enemies and honoring your parents. Therefore, I was never vulnerable. I knew what was considered "wrong" and not holy. Now, I believe that I have surpassed the stage of infantilism and can pridefully declare that I have a strong relationship with God. So, I ask myself. What would I have become if I wasn't a Christian? My entire life would be completely different and I don't know how I would survive without relying on Christ for the answer to my purpose in life. As a Christian, I believe Christianity builds a healthy mind. We can enjoy our life and give thanksgiving for the blessings we have received. Our minds even adapt to an optimistic point of view. Christianity has shaped me as an individual and changed my background.
No comments:
Post a Comment