A meaningful event in my life was the 13th International Vida Nueva. Vida is a Christian retreat, but one doesn't have to be Christian to attend. Vida was a life changing experience and I gained more than I could ever ask for. I felt secure and loved by the entire Vida community. At the time, that was what I needed the most. To be honest, the date of the commemoration would not make a difference. However, the commemoration must last for three days. The event must take place for three days because afterwards, one will celebrate the "Fourth Day." During Vida, the song "This is the Day" was sung to signify the start of a new day, new decisions, and new life-choices. Therefore, during the commemoration, I would sing the song.
The lyrics are:
"This is the day (x2)
That the Lord has made (x2)
We will rejoice (x2)
And be glad in it (x2)
This is the day that the Lord has made
We will rejoice and be glad in it
This is the day (x2)
That the Lord has made."
To remember Vida, I would wear my Bologna. I would refrain from the use of technology and electronics that would interfere with my relationship with God. In exception, I would listen to Christian Music on the radio. Finally, I shall re-read the notes that I recorded during the rollos.
No comments:
Post a Comment